Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 18

Re: Moving Home

@DawidM wrote:

Landlord told me that they moved out like 9 months ago

Then in theory, the line should now have been ceased, unless they are still paying for it.

Have you looked at the broadband availability website to see if there is space in the cabinet, assuming its an FTTC order?

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.AddressOutput

Use the phone number you are expecting to keep, but do not display it here, just show the results including cabinet number and exchange name.

A phone line order has to be processed first, before broadband can be added to the line.

The fact that you do not have a working phone line yet, would seem to be what is causing the holdup.

There can also be cases where a street can be split into two exchanges, or there is an issue with records.

For example, in the Southampton area there are two exchanges which cause problems. Lockheath, and Whitely, with ovelapping number ranges. I have been retired 10 years now, but those two exchanges caused no end of problems.

0 Ratings
DawidM
Beginner
Message 12 of 18

Yea I have checked it on the website before even I started to move. On this website you have handed to me I have checked both addresses and they are in the same cabinet number

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 18

@DawidM wrote:

Yea I have checked it on the website before even I started to move. On this website you have handed to me I have checked both addresses and they are in the same cabinet number

Does it say that FTTC is available, or does it say "waiting list", as I assume it FTTC you are after?

There may be possibly be a shortage of cable pairs on the DP (Distribution Point), especially if its an old property.

0 Ratings
DawidM
Beginner
Message 14 of 18

It says available everywhere on FTTC. FTTP is not available but that is normal in this area

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

@DawidM wrote:

It says available everywhere on FTTC. FTTP is not available but that is normal in this area

More likely then, its a line plant problem, where Openreach cannot find a spare cable pair.

Lets see what a moderator can find out, it would be interesting to know the cause.

0 Ratings
DawidM
Beginner
Message 16 of 18

So I will just wait for some moderator, anyway thanks for trying to help and solve the problem

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

@DawidM wrote:

So I will just wait for some moderator, anyway thanks for trying to help and solve the problem

Yes, they should post here soon, its just that they are a small team, and are very busy at the moment.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Hi @DawidM,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems getting your service moved over to your new address.

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team so that we can take a look into this for you.

Cheers

Matt

0 Ratings