cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdoDodo
Message 1 of 6

Moving Start Date Earlier

Hello,

I've registered to get BT Fibre broadband at my home but the start date isn't for over 2 weeks. Is it at all possible to move it earlier?

Many thanks,
Edoardo
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
EdoDodo
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving Start Date Earlier

If it's helpful there is already a line at the address and the previous owner was already using BT, so the setup process should be short.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Welcome to this user forum.

The fact that there is a line already, does not help, unless its still a working line and the previous owner has not yet cancelled it.

If that was the case, then a Working Line Takeover can be slightly quicker, as this would enable the phone service.

If the previous owner has cancelled the service, then all the cancellations tasks have to be completed first, before your phone service can be activated.

At that point, you will be able to see what broadband options are available.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Unless you asked for a later install date the answer is no, you're automatically given the next appointment.

10-14 days is the typical lead time for provisions and upgrades.

0 Ratings
EdoDodo
Message 5 of 6

Hello,

I was asked if I wanted to take over the existing line when registering and said yes but then the first available dates were still after 15 days. Is this expected?

Best,
Edoardo
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@EdoDodo wrote:
Hello,

I was asked if I wanted to take over the existing line when registering and said yes but then the first available dates were still after 15 days. Is this expected?

Best,
Edoardo

Yes, that would be about right, allowing for the minumum 10 day delay that Ofcom require, to reduce the incident of "slamming"

0 Ratings