cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phantom
Message 1 of 8

Moving from TalkTalk fibre Broadband to BT Infinity

Ordered BT Infinity (Broadband/Phone & TV) on 14th Nov and was given an activation date of 14th Dec.  Services ceased from TalkTalk as planned and as yet(22nd Dec) no services provision from BT!  Have spent several hours on the phone to Customer Services and still don't have an explanation for the delay.  The MyBT app shows my order status as  

BT Infinity order delayed "We're sorry, your order has not progressed as expected" 

The order tracker shows my order being opened on 14th Nov and then opened and closed four times over the period without any explanation.

I'm left with No Broadband, Phone line  and TV! Looks like it's not going to be a very Merry Christmas at my house 😞

As an interim solution, Customer Services have offered to reimburse me upto £30 for a 3G/4G mi-fi device which is totally unacceptable.

Any advise on how I can get this expedited would be gratefully received

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moving from TalkTalk fibre Broadband to BT Infinity

Welcome to this user forum.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

It could be that the cabinet is full, if it is, then Openreach will reject the order.

BT Retail do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach (A BT Group Business) who work for all Service Providers apart from Virgin Media. BT Retail do not get any special treatment.

Openreach are very busy at the moment, when was your TT service ceased?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

It could be that the cabinet is full, if it is, then Openreach will reject the order.

Surely there is something fundamentally wrong if a system accepts an order it can't fulfil.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

The trouble is that it may have been available for a short while, but the port was allocated to another customer in that short time between ordering, and the task being passed to Openreach. That could easily amount to 48 hours, or even longer at weekends.

The fact that new orders are being generated, may indicate that a number of attempts have been made to find a port. This might not be the issue, but I would not be surprised if it is.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

But that's just a russian roulette crazy system. In this day and age an order should instaneously lock a port on Openreaches systems. Surely all ISP's have real time access?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

I would be surprised if they do. If its anything like it used to be, an order generates multiple tasks. Some are linked together, but one would end up in the Openreach queue, another for BT Wholesale etc.

The problem with customer migration, is that Openreach would need to process any cease task first, then there is a delay, during which time another order takes the port that released by the cease, and perhaps the last port available.

Such is the pressure for Infinity owing to its heavy marketing.

I may be wrong, things may have improved since 2010.

Lets wait and see if the OP returns with the info.

0 Ratings
Phantom
Message 7 of 8

TT service terminated on 14th Dec
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Can you please post the results of the checker in Keith's post
0 Ratings