cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LeeJHIll
Message 1 of 6

Moving home. I'm screwed!

So, about 9 months ago I was left in the situation where I needed to find a place to live and fast. So I got the first apartment I could find and moved in. Decided to go with BT and have been incredibly pleased with the package I've got and I havnt had a single issue. However, it's time to move into a better place, bigger and better positioned. I'd love to stay with BT, I want to stay with BT. However, it appears it's going to cost me £136 to move my account Telephone/Broadband.

Money isnt exactly growing on trees. Especially when moving home. There is absolutely no way I can afford these fees to simply move a package I have been paying for nine months. So my only option is to cancel, right? But from what I've read im going to be charges stupid amounts for that too due to being wihtin my contract.

So bottom line, am i completly screwed? Or is there a form of service and help BT can offer me to support this? As I say ideally I want to stay with BT. I love the service I've had. But i simply cannot afford those fees outright.

I am putting this on the forum as frankly I am not prepared to battle this out over the phone and face the fees just yet...

Thanks,

Lee.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
MartinSW
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving home. I'm screwed!

@LeeJHIll wrote:

So, about 9 months ago I was left in the situation where I needed to find a place to live and fast. So I got the first apartment I could find and moved in. Decided to go with BT and have been incredibly pleased with the package I've got and I havnt had a single issue. However, it's time to move into a better place, bigger and better positioned. I'd love to stay with BT, I want to stay with BT. However, it appears it's going to cost me £136 to move my account Telephone/Broadband.

Money isnt exactly growing on trees. Especially when moving home. There is absolutely no way I can afford these fees to simply move a package I have been paying for nine months. So my only option is to cancel, right? But from what I've read im going to be charges stupid amounts for that too due to being wihtin my contract.

So bottom line, am i completly screwed? Or is there a form of service and help BT can offer me to support this? As I say ideally I want to stay with BT. I love the service I've had. But i simply cannot afford those fees outright.

I am putting this on the forum as frankly I am not prepared to battle this out over the phone and face the fees just yet...

Thanks,

Lee.

If you're 9 months into a contract it'd likely cost you more to cancel than move. 

It's not going to be what you hear but you have to factor these things in when deciding to take fixed contract services at an address you're not planning to stay at for at least the duration of the contract. 

Ultimately you'll have to call BT and speak to them, this is just a customer-to-customer forum.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Did you try here http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=30848

this is cancellation fee. 

cancellation charges

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
LeeJHIll
Message 4 of 6

No I know its customer - customer I just wanted opinions. Or if anyone had some insight into the situation. I will be calling them to hopefully sort it out.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Give the BT Options Team 0800.800.030 a call. There might not be the full £130 to pay if you move and want to re-contract.

0 Ratings
Brandscill
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Interesting that you need to pay to move your services. I was told when ordering the service if I was to move house there wouldn't be a charge. Is this not the case? Starting to worry now as I specifically said I would be moving house during the term of my contract.
0 Ratings