Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
andyhurley
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Moving home and not being offered unlimited broadband

Go to solution

I am moving home next month and, unfortunately, infinity is not available at the new address so I have to move back to ADSL which is a pain as I work from home a lot but I guess that is unavoidable.

What should be avoidable though is the hassle of trying to register a home move with BT. I have tried to use the 'moving home' wizard on the web site and hit a snag when it only offered me 12GB per month rather than unlimited. This is no good for me as I frequently work from home and need to be online all day with a remote desktop. I can't seem to find any way of getting the wizard to offer more than 12GB.

In the end I decided to call instead and went through the process until I was told they couldn't process the order yet as the existing resident hasn't closed down the line yet. I was told to call back after she moves out.

This seems bizarre as the existing resident is also with BT and we are not wanting to use the same number as she has (in fact we explicity don't want the same number). What would happen if this were a normal house sale and the moving date was the same on both sides? We are lucky we have a week or two's grace but it seems stupid to leave this till the last minute like this.

Any suggestions (on either issue)?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moving home and not being offered unlimited broadband

Go to solution

@andyhurley We should still be able to put an order in place prior to the current occupier leaving. If you need any help please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to find out what's happening with this. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
andyhurley
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@NeilO 

Thanks Neil, I decided to try another call and this time the guy was very helpful and went ahead with putting the order through.

Strangely he had the same problem with only being offerred 12GB per month but he suggested he raised the order and then contacted another department to get the order changed to unlimited. It remains to be seen if this works but the order is now in and there is a note on the account about changing the package details. The guy said he had never come across this before and it appears to be a technical glitch. Hopefully I will get another call in a few days to confirm the upgrade to unlimited.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@andyhurley Good stuff, it's easy for us to change the package to unlimited once the order completes but I'm sure they'll get it sorted before then.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings