cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Moving home billing problem.

I recently posted about moving home into what is in effect a "non fibre" estate which has a fibre cabinet within range but is currently only offering ADSL to my property.

I was quoted £18 pm last Sunday & after taking a couple of days to check things out it seems everybody on this new build is in the same predicament.

My problem is that when I contacted the "moving team" yesterday  I was quoted a higher price with less products & told that that was the "only offer" available, so faced with the prospect of no service I accepted this offer (relunctantly)

Is there anybody that can help me with this ... Mod ?

I have a 14 day "cooling off" period, can I use this to release myself from this nightmare & look for another provider ?

Why do BT seemingly keep on doing stuff like this to long standing customers ?

3 questions I know, but moving house is stressful enough without added complications like this

All ideas/thoughts very welcome

D*ck

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moving home billing problem.

Why do BT seemingly keep on doing stuff like this to long standing customers ?

They are no different to every other provider
0 Ratings
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moving home billing problem.

BT are different to all other providers John, even if only measured in size (customers) although SKY is closing down the lead BT have enjoyed for many years.

I wonder how many differing contracts there are in the retail arm of BT........................must be many thousands. ?

BT mail is still down for me & I can't even check to see what they are going to charge me this time around................there has to be an answer to this somewhere.

D*ck

0 Ratings