cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daver16
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Moving home problems

I have been trying to move my old services to my new address for the past month with no avail. Today 06/07/16 I placed my fourth order for my new address.

Firstly I tried to move my services via your home move service which failed as my new property has a broken master socket.

Apparently the order had been raised wrong as i needed an egineer to fix the master socket at my new place.
The order was raised again and to my astonishment was raised wrong for the second time. I then spoke to the offline service team and cancelled everything at my current address thinking making a straight fresh order at the new place would help resolve these issues.

I am now in the new property and have twice tried to raise a new order which has also failed. Is this because the master socket in my new place needs fixing or becomes I am using the same email as my previous address.

Please help as this is becoming tedious and having spen at least 7 hours on the phone trying to sort this I am still without connection.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving home problems

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi @Daver16 Welcome to the forum and I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've experienced getting service connected at your new address. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Daver16
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

@JohnC2 after following your advice and filling out my details 3 days ago I am yet to be contacted. Do you know if/when I will be contacted?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

the mods will reply to you personally by phone or email normally it can be 3/5 working days before you hear from them
0 Ratings
Daver16
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

@JohnC2, following my conversation today I got acknowledgement of the order but a few things seem wrong. Firstly it has given me the same BT Id as my last subscription. This still shows my open cancellation orders and not the new order. Secondly my appointment for an engineer has been automatically cancelled as I have an active line. Please can we amend this ASAP so I can get an engineer here this month?? Cheers
0 Ratings