cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Moving home section of web tells me to ring a number?

Go to solution

So me and partner are moving house in a week(21st Jan) so I'm just going thru the process off changing our address with everyone.

Come onto the BT website to tell them of my move, I put in my postcode, select my new address from the list and wait for the webpage to do its thing then it just comes up with a messaged telling me they couldn't do it online and I have to ring the home move team or whoever it is.

I'd much rather do it online, as making telephone calls is the bane of my life... but can anyone shed any light as to why this is? Is it because maybe a different provider is servicing that address currently? Or there's a discrepancy on my account, or with the new address perhaps? If I know there's a legit reason for it and not just because the webpage is broken, then I won't mind ringing up so much

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moving home section of web tells me to ring a number?

Go to solution

are you currently a BT broadband customer?  If so are you moving your existing broadband package to your new address?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Yes currently a BT customer, and yes, trying to!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@gemmajenkins0208 thanks for posting, I'm sorry you haven't been able to place the home move order online. There are no reported issues with the home move webpage at the moment. 

Home move orders can sometimes be complex and it's difficult for me to speculate why it can't be done on the website but the home move team should be able to advise you why when you're speaking to them.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

you need to phone  and left it a bit late if you need a home move for 21st jan

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I've only just found out I'm moving else I would have done it sooner.

I don't mind if we are without for a few days after moving in while they sort it all out

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@gemmajenkins0208 wrote:

I've only just found out I'm moving else I would have done it sooner.

I don't mind if we are without for a few days after moving in while they sort it all out

Its more likely to be at least 10 days, depending on what the issue is, and how long it will take for Openreach to provide service. Normally you would give at least 14 days notice of a move.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Well, turns out I had to ring them as our old property was on the old copper connection and our new property is full fibre, and the website itself can't do that switch.

Was told 21st on the phone, then had an email saying slight delay so now the 25th, 25th rolls around and we even had an unexpected engineer visit to fit all the fibre stuff indoors.

So now we are up and running and enjoying super speed full fibre Internet thanks to having fttp 😉

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @gemmajenkins0208, thanks for the update and happy surfing.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings