cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Moving home woes (again)

Go to solution

After intervention from the mods the mystery "pending order" was resolved & I was able to place my order .

As bt admitted that it was not my fault the order was too late to tie in with my moving date I was offered a wi-fi box to use until the broadband connection arrived.

I was offered (& accepted) a discount against the first months rental which was very helpful but have now been hit with a £9.99 "delivery charge" for the box.

Why should I have to pay for bt's mistakes ?

The package offered is good but soured by having to pay this delivery charge

Not happy

D*ck

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moving home woes (again)

Go to solution

More woes

Trying to order a free adaptor for the digital voice /standard phone compatibility which is allegedly free for first one but bt wants to charge me £14.98

This contract has been nothing but trouble one way & another since ordering on 15feb

I just feel like pulling out & suffering the wait period before I can get connected from another company

Why does bt go on like this !!

D*ck

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

And now to make things better theres a yellow box on my order tracking at my.bt  telling me that my order  is being delayed & also talking about an engineer visit that I have no knowledge of

Just great

D*ck

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @dcdick, sorry that you're still having a problem with the order to move home.

If you do need our help I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help. It may be best though to call in and speak with the orders team first to get an update as it would be quicker. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Hi JohnC2
Thanks for picking up on this
No phones available at the moment so I have sent a msg without being able to phone first as you suggested

D*ck
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

There are of Digital Voice BT adaptors available on EBay - I got one.  As an aside if its for a bed side phone which can be answered in the dark without fumbling with the digital phone keys, there may be a problem with elderly DTMF phones because of the lack of a bell capacitor so it will not ring. Two adaptors will resolve this a RJ11 to BTphone socket and a BT plug to BT socked with a bell capacitor circa  also on EBay.( All 3 for about £10).  However if your super dooper advanced digital handset with Alexa, can be heard no problem!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Ooops !

I thought this had been marked as solved

Thanks for your reply about adaptors Ricky

Cheers

Di*k

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@dcdick 

It is marked as solved but that does not stop people posting on a solved thread

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.