cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dollypops15
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Moving home

Can someone help me please. I'm confused regarding the BT home move team. I called today to let them know I was moving house on 12th June. Was told that was fine, no engineer required and I would go live at the new address on that date. However, 2 hours later recieved and email saying they can no longer offer me that live date and instead it will be 19th June. Completely unacceptable as I am home schooling 2 children and working from home which requires wifi. Can anyone advice why moving home is proving to be too much for BT to assist me with? Thank You 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moving home

Not sure how long you have known about moving home but only giving a weeks notice to BT and expecting  to be connected is very optimistic bearing mind openreach are still catching up with work delayed due to covid 19

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

It can take 2 weeks, if theres an active line for example they have to send working line takeover notificatiins etc as well. Basically giving them a weeks notice isn't ideal at all

0 Ratings
Dollypops15
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

It was BT who stated I would be live on the 12th. I rang them 3 weeks ago and was told to call back the week before I moved in 

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

Can't answer why they said to call in a week before, it would've made perfect sense to place it 3 weeks before. There may be slightly more work needed than expected to get something activated or another delay but you'd have to get in touch with them to check

0 Ratings