cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Moving house Monday and I can’t get through

We have been on hold for 3 hours this morning trying to get through. We are having to move on Monday and cannot get through. Is there another way to do things?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving house Monday and I can’t get through

@Ciaranewby Welcome to this user forum.

Sorry, there is no other way.

Provided you gave BT 30 days notice, and followed the BT Home Move Process, and there is no actual installation work to be done in your new house, then the moving date you gave to BT, should result in service at your new house.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

It says on the website that you need to call them and only call if you are moving soon. So we can’t give them any notice as we can’t even get through. We only just had our move finalised and are in a difficult situation. As you know, moving is difficult at this time and it’s exceptional circumstances. It’s been 3.5 hours now on hold. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@Ciaranewby wrote:

It says on the website that you need to call them and only call if you are moving soon. So we can’t give them any notice as we can’t even get through. We only just had our move finalised and are in a difficult situation. As you know, moving is difficult at this time and it’s exceptional circumstances. It’s been 3.5 hours now on hold. 

It would be much too late to give notice now, as there is a lot of work to do.

https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/moving-home/moving-home-with-bt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

But we still need to be able to tell them  cancel internet and hopefully get it set up in our new place. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

as the link @Keith_Beddoe posted you need to give 30 days notice of move so your internet will not be available at new address for weeks especially in the current openreach situation

if you are lucky there may be some BT customers nearby new home that you can use the BTWIFI

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings