Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Joshbear11
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Moving house but need account in both houses

Go to solution

Hi

I am moving home (Hopefully) in May.  For a period of a month I will need BT infinity in both homes and had thought of the solution below but then worried about email adresses.

My plan was to keep the BT account at our current home active (This is in my name) and my wife was going to open a new account at our new home.  If I do this will the BT email adresses (Btinternet.com) associated with our current BT account become unusuable once I switch off BT at our current house?

Thanks for any help.

Josh

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Moving house but need account in both houses

Go to solution

It should be possible to associate your old e-mail address, and make it a sub account of the new one. This would have to done within 30 days of the old account closure, and you would probably need the help of one of the moderators to to it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Joshbear11 The information provided by @Keith_Beddoe is correct. So once you are ready to close the existing account come back to the forum asking for the email addresses to be moved to the new account and we will be happy to help.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Joshbear11
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Thank you both.  That is great.  We will orgnaise the new BT account at the right time and then within the 30 days I will come back on here to request tnhe swap of email addresses (There are 6 in total linked to this account).  I assume that bit is done out of public view.

regards and thanks

Josh

0 Ratings
Joshbear11
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution
Hi we have now moved and have our new account but still need the old account. Can I swap the email addresses to be linked to the new account now or should I wait until we close the other account down?

thanks
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Joshbear11

Thanks for posting back!

We can help you get your email addresses moved over.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Joshbear11 I called earlier sorry I missed you. I've moved the email addresses over now for you. Please can you check and confirm back that this has been completed OK.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Joshbear11
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi

we have tested all the emails apart from one, which we have asked the person to do, and they appear to be working.  However where on the web pagescan I check they are associated with the right account?

thanks for the help 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Joshbear11 Thanks for taking my call earlier. The move of the email addresses has been completed and you can log in to your BTID and change this password to synchronise it with the email. Then go to Mail Management and link the email addresses to your account as you did before the home move. 

Post back and let me know how you get on.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Joshbear11
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hi

in mail mangement I can see all the email addresses.  Thanks.  But one of them is on the list twice.  Is that right?

0 Ratings