cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve6501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Moving house from Fibre to no fibre ?

I currently have an 80 Meg Fibre connection working with no problem with BT.  I took out an 18 month contract in June 2013 to upgrade 40 to 80meg.

I am moving house in April 2014 and the area I am moving to is not yet Fibre enabled (roll out starts March 2014 so may be several months to go)

What options would I have re the existing BT contract and moving to a BT contract at the new address bearing in mind that the Fibre may be operational within a few months.  I don’t want to be tied down with a contract for 2 meg when Fibre eventually appears

I am with BT and will use BT in the future.

Thanks  Steve

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moving house from Fibre to no fibre ?

See this link about moving home

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=30848

If you do end up on a 2Mbps contract when you move and Infinity does arrive you should be able to upgrade to Infinity and start a new contract. It would not incur any termination fees for the old contract.

If you contact the House Move team on 0800 100 400 and they should be able to answer any questions you have.

steve6501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

No good news, then

Will have to surrender 9 months of existing contract then buy new contract at new premised and surrender that after a few months.

Pity BT cant provide a payg contract (where I supply a router)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

I was under the impression that if you moved house the contract you are on would continue but as you are unable to get Infinity you would be able to "downgrade" to adsl broadband without penalty although it might mean starting a new contract. 

I was also under the impression that if you were on adsl broadband you could upgrade to Infinity with out having to pay off your old contract. However again it would mean starting a new contract for Infinity.

See this in the FAQ

If you are moving home and taking all your BT products with you, there will be no charges. If BT is unable to provide any of your existing products at your new address, you will not be held to term for these products.

If you want to cancel one or more of your BT products when you move home, early termination charges may apply if you are within the minimum contract period. See details of the early termination charges.

steve6501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

I cant do the home mover online.  I have to do it by 0800 but we never use the landline (if fact havent even got a receiver).  we just use mobiles....It cuts out the nusiance calls !

Thanks for assistance

0 Ratings
miles_safer
Expert
Message 6 of 8

0330 123 4567 to ring BT from a mobile will come off your monthly allowance not cost a fortune. Hopefully you can get through to the home move team from there.
0 Ratings
steve6501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

With a mobile I have 'unlimited calls' but will this be included in this (0800 are not)

Steve

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

0 Ratings