Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mjconnolly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Moving house - new address will not get FTTC for 3 months - advice please

Go to solution

Hi everyone, I currently have 76mbps broadband, and I get BT TV, HD pack and sport. I’m moving house in 2 weeks. Firstly the new house doesn’t have a phone line (although I believe it did in the past), and secondly the new cabinet enabling FTTC has only just been installed so it will take 3 months or so before I could get fibre again. Current speeds on that post code are in the 2 to 3 mbps range. 

Luckily Vodafone 4g coverage is really good and I will get a wifi hotspot device. But what is the best approach to transfer my BT account to the new house? Should I just order the new line with no broadband, or ask if I can transfer everything over straight away pending the new cabinet going live?

thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moving house - new address will not get FTTC for 3 months - advice please

Go to solution

Just use the normal BT Home Move process and any service that cannot be provided, would not be charged for.

I suggest you do that now, as two weeks notice is not long, and you will probably have to wait longer than that to get connected.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/manage/moving-home/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

Mjconnolly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moving house - new address will not get FTTC for 3 months - advice please

Go to solution
Ok will do, thanks
0 Ratings