cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Moving to BT from Sky

Go to solution

Hi all

First post on here, and looking forward to many helpful discussions in days to come.

So today I received this communication from sky, see (attached pic) 

My question to the community is obviously.

Will I actually be cut off 30 days after my BT BB goes live, or is this as I suspect, merely a marketing ploy by sky to scare customers into remaining with them.

I've contacted BT but they have informed me that my line is not being ported to them, but it shouldn't matter either way as I've not actually used my line for anything other than BB for many years now. Even if I loose the number associated with the line it would be of no consequence.

Any advice or suggestions would of course be very welcome.

Many thanks in advance 

PioneerSky letter.jpg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moving to BT from Sky

Go to solution

It's a marketing ploy to panic you into staying... It should be a seemless switch of provision done in the background.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Have you actually applied to BT for a broadband package? If so which. FTTP OR FTTC?

A transfer date of July seems a long way away

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi imjolly

Yes I've ordered  a few days ago. I am tied into sky for a couple of months yet!  hence the wait. Not in any rush mind you.

I've signed up for fibre 1 & BTTV with a commencement date of July.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Nigel

My thoughts entirely, anything to scare you into staying.

As the line is from Openreach as is Sky's & BT, its absolutely ludicrous to assume that there would be any sort of problem?