cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmbillings
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Moving to BT, mac code not accepted?

I've just received my MAC code from my current provider, but the BT page won't accept it. No error, it just redirects back to asking for it again.

The lady on the phone suggested it should have 8 numbers in the first part, whereas mine only has 7. Although on this BT page, 7 digits is apparently ok: http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8634/~/what-is-a-mac-code-and-why-is-it-neede...

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moving to BT, mac code not accepted?

if you are a business user you nee to post here https://business.forums.bt.com/  this forum is for residential customers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jmbillings
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I'm not, but I assume there's no business/home distinction for mac codes.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

try online chat and see if they can help  failling that try options team and see if they can help or point you in right direction

0800800030  really for existing customers but usually helpful

live chat

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jmbillings
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I started with live chat and she put me through to the phone people- they basically tried the same as I was doing which is where we left it 😞

Zen have verified the code and sent me the results, so I've raised a ticket with BT. Will see what happens. I'm 90% sure it's a webpage problem...

0 Ratings