Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StephenB1994
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Moving to a new build BT issues

Go to solution

Hi 

Hoping someone can support,  I am due to move to a new build property soon that has a FNL FTTH line 

I processed a home move with my current BT fibre in the hope that this would work however BT raised a query with OpenReach and OR have returned and they have advised that the whole site is locked out to OR.

I currently have around 12 months left of a contract  with BT fibre - would I be due to pay a cancellation fee as I have no alternative but to change provider or are they quite strict with this?

Has anyone had this experience and what was the outcome? 

Best,

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moving to a new build BT issues

Go to solution

@StephenB1994 

If BT Retail are unable to provide any broadband connection, including over copper or 4G Mobile, then it may be that you would be released from contract.

You need to read the T&Cs.

0 Ratings
StephenB1994
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Thank you - I've had a look at the terms and it confirms that You won't have to pay the fees and charges referred to in clauses 13a and 13b if:

you move home and we cannot provide a service at your new UK address

I will give them a call tomorrow and hopefully the above will result in a positive outcome

Best,
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @StephenB1994,  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting your question.

I can confirm that you won't be charged in this scenario as you are moving home and we're not able to provide the service at your new UK address.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings