cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patglasgow
Message 1 of 4

Moving to a new build home

Having given notice that I will be moving to a new build home and taking my current Bt package with me , I was a little surprised to find out that my contract which still had 11 months to run , was renewed to an 18 month term . Even though this was not explained to me in my discussions when giving home move notice . After I contacted Cutomer services to query this , they did confirm that a renewal of contract when moving home  was correct

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moving to a new build home

Welcome to this user forum.

You would normally take the remainder of the contract period with you, but if you are moving to a place which has no existing line, then you are usually committed to a 12 month line rental contract, to cover the cost of the  new line.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Patglasgow was a retention deal agreed so that your services would be discounted as that would be the only time that an 18 month contract would be applied. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Patglasgow
Message 4 of 4

I dont remember any discussion that mentioned retention deal or discount . I wont make a fuss about the issue as I am more concerned about a smooth change over of services to new home . I will quite happily accept the contract and consider that I may have picked up the info wrongly
0 Ratings