cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Moving to a new house

We are moving to a new house soon this april. Iam a frontliner working under the NHS in london. Time to time i will be staying  in london to protect my little kids. Unfortunately due to the situation BT is unable to do the home move. This is giving me a heard time as i want to have constant communication with my kids whilst im away working as a frontliner. Is there still any way BT can help us? No one is at the property yet as its brandnew. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moving to a new house

@brosales 

If there is no connection at the new house, then there is nothing that can be done, as Openreach are not allowed to enter properties at the moment.

Have you considered using a mobile broadband hub, assuming that there is mobile coverage at your new house?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

@brosaleswrote:

We are moving to a new house soon this april. Iam a frontliner working under the NHS in london. Time to time i will be staying  in london to protect my little kids. Unfortunately due to the situation BT is unable to do the home move. This is giving me a heard time as i want to have constant communication with my kids whilst im away working as a frontliner. Is there still any way BT can help us? No one is at the property yet as its brandnew. 

Firstly, a big THANK YOU to you and your colleagues.

Is the new area 4g enabled? My wife found she can easily use 4g for, say, FB Messenger from our home town. Since you will be located in London, you will almost certainly be connected to wifi.

May I add since we are stuck in limbo here although have not yet exchanged contracts for our move.

Moving Day

• The British Association of Removers has issued guidance to its members to postpone all moves during the lock-down period, except those which are already underway.
  • On BBC Breakfast, Michael Gove MP, who is leading the Government’s response to the crisis, indicated that there will be specific cases where people will continue to move home. The Government has not yet issued clarification on this point.
  • While the vast majority of removals will now be delayed, movers can still get quotes and choose a removals firm in advance of their move.
  • Surveys can be carried out over Facetime in order to provide removals quotes, which will take a little longer than an in-person visit. However, these may result in missing items, so be sure to double check the quote to make sure everything is included.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

We moved our belongings prior lockdown. We are just staying in to our old flat due to no internet connection to the new one but will need to move to new property by middle of this month. I will be in london but my family will be staying in the countryside. I ordered a mifi but not sure if it’s gonna be sufficient enough. 😔

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

As ever, the reliability depends upon whether the better of the family mobiles can utilise 3, 4 or 5g and, of course, what data plan arranged for video calls use a fair chunk of any allowance.

0 Ratings