cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cheatsanfliars
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Mugged by BT

Switched from sky last month. Lovely online chat chap sold me TV and broadband for £42 a month. Even helped me fill in the order on line with advise. Made sure I gave him the order number when completed so he could rush it through. He told me no charge for equipment or install. Just got my first bill for £178 ! After 2 chat sessions which ended abruptly when calls were tried I got through to retentions who told me it's my fault cos I filled it in online and didn't read the small print! I am a caret with very little income and multiple medications for depression I was left in tears by this blatent mugging. Thanks BT
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
RichardBranson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mugged by BT

It seems BT like overcharging.....have you any emails that they sent you when ordering? I have emails stating my contract prices but it means not a jot so far. Try to find anything you can as it will help.

sorry I cannot offer any advice but I'm in the same boat and have been overcharged for the entire 12 months

0 Ratings
Cheatsanfliars
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi Richard,

Very kind of you to reply, I know you are busy fixing up your flattened island, so much appreciated.

Emails I have contain nothing of real value to me, just order numbers etc. Seems thet won't access the chat session where I got stitched up. Happy to just call me a liar and take my money. Just shows there is no duty of care with these corporations. Literally had me unable to speak because of frustration, fear and tears, just wanted me to f-off and die as long as they got paid. Gonna be a miserable 18 months til I can get out of this as they managed to time it so it was too late to back out without paying £400.

Can't believe I got mugged twice in a month once by Sky and then by BT. What an trusting idiot.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

I have heard it all now fixing up his island
0 Ratings
Cheatsanfliars
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Dude , Humour innit ! or are you saying the real RB wouldb;t be fixing his own island ?

0 Ratings