cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Craig_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Multiple e-mails today saying my bill is ready to view when its already been paid

Go to solution

Sorry if this is typed in the wrong place, I wasn't sure what topic to post it under.

Has anyone been receiving multiple messages from no-reply@bt.com with regards to your latest bill?

I receive a message around 6th of each month usually letting me know I can view my bill online. It then comes out by DD on the 16th which it already has this month.

Today I have received 5 e-mails from this address stating your latest bill is ready and you can read it online.

Is this genuine or spam? Why would BT send messages out when this months bill has been paid on 16th October.

I have not clicked and will not on the link, when I view my online bill it shows what I already knew about earlier this month, so very odd.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
allanraymond
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Multiple e-mails today saying my bill is ready to view when its already been paid

Go to solution

I get these messages on a regular basis (i.e. every couple of days) I know they are SPAM because when I hover the sender details it shows an invalid address which isn't no-reply@bt.com. What is strange to me is that all the senders are shown with a @btinternet.com ending address.

Craig_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Re: Multiple e-mails today saying my bill is ready to view when its already been paid

Go to solution

Thanks for replying.

If any more come through I'll ignore and erase. There's no way I'd click on a link if one shows in the message.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for posting @Craig_UK.

@allanraymond advice is correct. If you hover the sender details it shows an invalid address which isn't no-reply@bt.com in whcih case you shoule delete it.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Mender28
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Had another of these today and it is definitely from BT. All the links are correct. It is BT that is sending these out to me, halfway through the billing period, not spammers. So why are they doing it, and are spammers being blamed because BT cannot sort it out? 

0 Ratings
allanraymond
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I also still receive these sort of emails but when I hover over the senders email address it becomes obvious it is not from BT other than the address is shown as  **** @btinternet.com.

When you hover over the email address of the sender what address is shown?

0 Ratings
Mender28
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

The senders address is no-reply@bt.com

I said all the links are correct and they are.

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 17.06.41.png

0 Ratings
allanraymond
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I don't open emails which says my bill is ready, I just hover over the sender's email address and separately I log into my BT account to check if my bill is actually ready.

Your screenshot seems to show the email is genuine.

As you must have opened the email to be able to do a screenshot, does the email also show your abbreviated account details in the top right hand e.g..

Account number:
GB****1111

0 Ratings
Mender28
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Yes it does and my email address ithere with alternate letters starred out

0 Ratings