cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HHGTTG
Expert
Message 1 of 6

My BT facility on Anytime plan

I often sign on to my account in bt.com to just confirm that I am not paying any charges for my Anytime account especially, as the other day I made a lengthy call on 0870 (thinking it was chargeable) to a Vodafone Customer Service centre in Egypt!

However this page in My Account, doesn't show any change since the 12th Feb and I get the impression that the system isn't updating as it should.

I'm sure that it should update more regularly than this especially as there have been quite a few phone calls made since that date.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: My BT facility on Anytime plan

Welcome to this forum. This is a BT domestic customer to customer help forum, any messages posted here do not go to BT.

If you need to contact BT, you can use Live Chat  or telephone 0800 800 150

I do know that updates can take a few days, depending on the type of call.

0 Ratings
ernie_c
Expert
Message 3 of 6

@HHGTTG wrote:

I often sign on to my account in bt.com to just confirm that I am not paying any charges for my Anytime account especially, as the other day I made a lengthy call on 0870 (thinking it was chargeable) to a Vodafone Customer Service centre in Egypt!

However this page in My Account, doesn't show any change since the 12th Feb and I get the impression that the system isn't updating as it should.

I'm sure that it should update more regularly than this especially as there have been quite a few phone calls made since that date.

I can confirm that there is no update on my account either but there is a very clear message stating:

"

Please note we are upgrading our online billing service and in doing so there could be a delay in your recent usage being updated as normal.

We are working to resolve this and will update your recent usage as soon as we can.
We apologise for any inconvenience."

0 Ratings
HHGTTG
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Oh, that's strange as I had not noticed that. Perhaps it is further down the screen? Will have another look. Thanks.
0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

I had that message early yesterday, but later when I checked it

had gone. I have not had an update since 12/2 either.

As long as your 0870 call didn't last more than an hour you won't be charged on the anytime plan. You can redial after say 58 mins.

EDIT

There is a fair usage policy for 0845 & 0870  numbers  1.000 minutes or 150 calls a month.

0 Ratings
HHGTTG
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Thanks again. The trouble with numbers held in a phone's memory, you don't always remember what type of number was associated witht the business in question.

When i realised it was an 0870 number, I panicked initially but then read my Anytime tariff again and assuaged my worry. Those sneakier 0844 and 0871 numbers, amongst others, are those witch incur charges of course.

0 Ratings