cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

My BT not accessible

Last week I took out a new BT Mobile contract, I received my SIM card but since receiving it I have been trying to activate it but the My BT page has been showing this message for three days "Sorry, we can't get your account details at the moment" and suggests trying again later. I am unable to call for help as my phone says "not registered on network" when I try to call the helpline. There seems to be no help online for this issue and no online chat with customer service anywhere on BT's website. The online FAQ help has me going round and round in circles without ever finding help. I do not own a landline phone so online seems to be my only way of getting help but there isn't any! I'm stuck. Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: My BT not accessible

I thought they were sent pre-activated? Is your phone locked to another provider maybe?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi. No, my phone isn't locked. I was told by the guy when I took out the contract that I would need to get a PAC code to swap networks. I have the PAC code but it needs to be put into somewhere in my account, which I can't access.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

You may need to call from your old sim then as it will still work

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I have stopped the services from my previous network. Is there no other way to contact BT other than on the phone? Is there not an online chat service or a way of contacting them by email? Is anyone else unable to access the My BT part of their account?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Sorry but if you have a pac code how can your previous services be stopped? A pac code is to keep the same number & it stays active until it's switched to the new network

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

My main issue is that I can't access the My BT page, if I could, I would be able to set it up but I am unable to get help from BT. Are there no other avenues for help from BT such as being able to email or an online chat with a member of staff? I can't find any whatsoever.

The previous service has stopped as I was on pay as you go with O2 and as soon as it ran out I switched to BT. I now can't find the old SIM card so going back the way isn't really an option.

0 Ratings