Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
s1ddo71
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

My Broadband woes

Can somebody help me as my non broadband service is getting ridiculous. I placed an order for Phone, Broadband and TV on the 26/7/15 and got an install date of the 13/8/15 which I had to change to the 18/8/15 due to unforeseen circumstances. So 18th duly arrives and get message that phone service is active at 10:47am but when ringing my number on my mobile it didn't ring at my end, so waited until midnight as told by Customer Advisor that can be upto that time, still the same. Next day same, Customer Advisor rang back so told them and they booked an Engineer on the 21/8/15 and told them that my Broadband part of my order had been cancelled. Engineer fixed phone line on 21/8/15 and told me Broadband should be able to be activated though BT. Rang BT on 22/8/15 and after 2 hours on phone was told it is a problem at the exchange and a Bridge Case was raised (Can't find number, starts with BV) and will take 7-10 days. Get a call today that tells me that they have reordered broadband today and install date will be 11/9/15 and engineer needs to come to my flat. Why? If exchange problem fix it there then. They did say it will be expedited which I think it needs to be, but I think nearly a month without broadband is unacceptable as I want to be watching BT TV extra channels and have my BT Sport channels too and also use my broadband sooner than the 11th September.

My account number is edited by mod.

Thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
s1ddo71
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Re: My Broadband woes

Anyone able to help me?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Hi s1ddo71,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry there's been a delay getting you connected. I've checked that for you and can see this is being case managed and your case handler is due to call you tomorrow with an update.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
s1ddo71
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Thanks for that, not much of an answer as I thought that my problem was a IT/Software issue as a Bridge Case was raised on Saturday and was expecting that call. Could you tell me, will I get my BT TV and Sport services when I get my broadband as those services are not on my order yet.

Thanks again

Glenn
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

you need to ask your case handler about that
0 Ratings
s1ddo71
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Thanks, will do that as obviously need broadband for the extra/sports channels.

Regards

Glenn
0 Ratings
s1ddo71
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Right, still confused. I am due to get broadband activated on the 2/9/15 (Still not happy about the length of time taken) but had two conflecting things (message & phone call - backed up by message. My message this morning says I do not need an Engineer but the Phone Call says I do.

The Engineer appointment is booked for the 2/9/15 between 8am - 1pm.

So can you tell me what will actually happen as obviously I need to be in on the 2/9/15 between 8 am - 1pm if an Engineer needs to call at my premises.

Thanks once again

Glenn  

0 Ratings
s1ddo71
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Mods, can you please respond.Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

have you got a dial tone on the phone line
0 Ratings
s1ddo71
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Yes, phone line is now OK after they sorted my problem out last Friday.
0 Ratings