cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: My contract renewed against my request for it to close -- broken customer service

@Kyle1 the adviser you spoke to on chat has not understood what you asked and I'm really sorry for the misunderstanding.

@pottyperson has hit the nail on the head in his reply and I would be confident that your contract has not been renewed. When the minimum contract period finishes your service continues as normal and doesn't cancel automatically but you have the option to cancel or move your services without any held to term fees.

We'll be happy to help you get this sorted if you send over your details on the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 15

Re: My contract renewed against my request for it to close -- broken customer service

As already stated, you probably have a very good case to be refunded any over payments ,but if being hyper critical, it's clear from the transcript ( I read it before it was removed) that the customer service rep didn't understand that you wanted to cease service, so you were 'talking' about ending service completely , the CSR was 'talking' about the end of the minimum term.

I think , with the benefit of hindsight, that's clear, they even said they would put a note of your account for colleagues should you call back , ( but if you had arranged to cease, that would have been the 'end' , why enter a note in case you call back ) .

I don't know what was said in the earlier part of your 'conversation' , but if you said something like ' I have moved out if the property , and don't require service from BT or anyone else at that address' , then the CSR obviously misunderstood your request, if you didn't use a similar phrase, but just asked 'does my contract end or auto renew' , then that's ambiguous enough for the CSR to think you were asking would you be committing to a new minimum term , which you were not, you simply move to a standard 30 day notice 'contract' , anyone outside a minimum term still has a contract, it's just one that needs 30 days notice to quit penalty free

0 Ratings
Kyle1
Message 13 of 15

Hi Iniltous,

I was told the service ends on 15th of November, that's not ambiguous, that can only mean that the contract is closed and that I no longer receive the service.

The person then asked me if I needed anything else and disconnected 1 minute later. I did have questions, but I did not get to ask them. However, I was being told the service ended on the 15th, but I could contact the value team to renew. 

I was aware that BT does rolling contracts, which is the very reason I contacted BT. I specifically asked when the service ended to verify that the contract was indeed closing.

In fairness to BT, it did not look like a standard response, as the punctuation was a bit erratic. So probably an isolated incident, but there is an overall issue with ending contracts.

Thanks for the input and feedback. Yes, I would hope BT offer a fair resolution.

Best wishes,

Kyle

0 Ratings
Kyle1
Message 14 of 15

This issue seems to still be on-going.

I was phoned by BT and they said they would close the account and correct the billing by manually taking it back. I told them I had cancelled my direct debit and asked if I needed to do anything on my end, but was told I was not required to do anything.

I then, a day or so later, had a phone call from a different person who was asking why I cancelled my direct debit. I tried to explain to them the process I had already worked through but I could not understand what the person was saying or know if they understood what I was saying. When I told the person that I could not understand her, she abruptly hung up on me -- I have no idea why she phoned.

I checked MyBT, where I have a full bill and it has added a late payment charge.

I have sent a complaint email and asked if they can use email in the response. I have asked for a deadlock letter and to be provided with my data including the chat logs. 

The first person I spoke to after making my initial complaint assured me that he would close the account and correct the billing, and I would not have to look into it again. He seemed relatively genuine. Perhaps there is some delay in resolving it, but I am not being provided with information or confirmation regarding this account. 

Does anyone have any input?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Hi @Kyle1,

I can see that my colleague @RobbieMac is dealing with your case. He is back in the office later on this afternoon and will follow up with you then.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings