cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

My current broadband contract is ending soon. What would be happened if I don't do any action?

Go to solution

Hello,

I just received an e-mail from BT that describes my broadband contract is ending soon. I'm not sure when is the exact expiry date (I cannot find it on the website nor e-mail) maybe this month.

Anyway, I guess that most of you may already received this e-mail as well. But I'm not sure that if I don't renew the contract and just leave it. And I would like to renew the contract a couple of months later because I don't need the internet right now and I don't want to waste money during the period.

Here are my questions. I would really appreciate your information.

1. If I leave without any action, does the internet stops at the ending date and the BT won't charge any later on? or do I need to do something to notice them I would not renew the contract?

2. When I restart a contract, do they offer with higher price to the same speed offer?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: My current broadband contract is ending soon. What would be happened if I don't do any action?

Go to solution

if you don't do anything then when your fixed contact reaches end date then you automatically move to a rolling monthly contract but no longer get the discounts you had at start of contract - cost will increase

you can phone options team 0800800030 and negotiate a new deal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: My current broadband contract is ending soon. What would be happened if I don't do any action?

Go to solution

@noelinever 

When your contract comes to an end, you will not be disconnected, but you will be charged the full price.

You can call this number  0800 800 030, that number is for contract renewals only. They usually answer very quickly, and should be able to tell you when your contract ends, and offer you a new deal.