cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

My elderly Dad wants to keep track of his spending on calls.

Go to solution

My elderly father wants to keep track of what he is spending on calls as the month progresses, so that there is no surprise when the bill arrives. At customer services, we were advised that he could log into mybt and click on 'unbilled calls'. He has done this and found that this information is only there for a matter of seconds. This seems to tie into what the advisor said which was that 'that information is available to BT advisors, but may not be available to consumers'. Is this information available anywhere on the site? He doesn't want to have to keep ringing a number and going through menus to find out. We would be grateful for any info. Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: My elderly Dad wants to keep track of his spending on calls.

Go to solution

Log into MyBT then click on billing and usage , then usage then you will see Home Phone and Charges for next bill. You can click on See details which will breaks down the type of call and at the bottom of the page click on See all Calls which lists each call and cost to date. None of the pages noted should time out at all.

-Richie-
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: My elderly Dad wants to keep track of his spending on calls.

Go to solution

If your fathers bills to UK landlines come to more than £9.99 per month then unlimited anytime calls addon would be a good idea, if he doesn't already have it ?
If your father doesn't have broadband at his home then BT also do a package called Home phone saver, which includes unlimited anytime calls.
Alternatively BT's cheapest sim only deals include unlimited calls, just buy a cheap handset from the local supermarket.

If your father has the right calling plan then he won't need to worry about tracking his spending, he can then focus on just enjoying life Smiley Happy