cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 10

MyBT showing wrong broadband package

Since I upgraded to fibre last May  MyBT has shown my package as  Superfast Fibre albeit referencing the fact the average speed was 36Mb even though I was on the 55/10 product.

I have just received the free speed boost to the 80/20 speeds but MyBT is now showing the package as being Superfast Fibre Essential Unlimited - which it has never been. Is there any way to change this to reflect the correct package as being Superfast Fibre or should I accept it as being yet another MyBT glitch which hopefully doesn't really cause any problems.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Message 2 of 10

Re: MyBT showing wrong broadband package

Hi @conrad ,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry your package details aren't showing correctly. I'll be able to get this fixed.

I've sent you an private message with details on how you can contact the mod team. 

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 10

@PaddyB   Well I composed my  pm , clicked the send message and got this 

Mods IM error 1 Mar  17.27.PNG

It hasn't been sent but I do have  12 sent messages from the past - is it these causing the problem ?

I have just deleted a message and have now been able to send the pm.  Is there supposed to be a limit on saved sent messages at all ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 10

Hi @conrad ,

That is strange I'll have to get that investigated as there shouldn't be a limit on the number of PM's.

I can see that I have received your PM and I'll update you as soon as we've had a chance to look at your case.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 10

@PaddyB   I have activated MyBT with a new password and logged back in but it still shows  this 

Mods IM error MyBT error 5 Mar.PNG

I can also access all usage stats as well - when setting up it indicated that it may take up to 48 hours for this to show.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 10

@PaddyB    The billing account timeline shows this  

05 Mar 2019
Copy of 20 Feb 2019 bill ordered
Bill amount £19.99

02 Mar 2019
Copy of 20 Feb 2019 bill ordered
Bill amount £19.99

20 Feb 2019
Bill
Bill amount £19.99

05 Mar 2019
Copy of 20 Jan 2019 bill ordered
Bill amount £19.99
02 Mar 2019
Copy of 20 Jan 2019 bill ordered
Bill amount £19.99

20 Jan 2019
Bill
Bill amount £19.99

05 Mar 2019
Copy of 20 Dec 2018 bill ordered
Bill amount £19.99

02 Mar 2019
Copy of 20 Dec 2018 bill ordered
Bill amount £19.99

20 Dec 2018
Bill
Bill amount £19.99

The above is shown when you look at the timeline for the last three months without filtering anything. As soon as you change anything like extending the search period to 15 months it shows this 

Mods IM error MyBT bill timeline error 6 Mar.PNG

Only the Feb bill is ordered. I have no idea what these ordered bills are about as I haven't ordered anything but the 2 March date could be something to do with you and the 5 March may be me since I downloaded the Feb bill to see if the file was downloaded with a current date (which it was)rather than the bill date - see message 11 on this thread      https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Bill-download-option-greyed-out/m-p/1917543#M105746

Things seem to be a bit of a dogs dinner at the momentSmiley Sad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 10

Hi @conrad  thanks for the update @PaddyB  is not in the office today and will look into this tomorrow.

cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 10

I have been looking back at past orders and it appears the one on 22 July is what is causing the problem. This was a straight recontract of the existing one to stay at the same cost to avoid the September price rise. The new contract runs from 14 September. On the order it is shown as being Superfast Fibre Essential Unlimited so I assume this is what MyBT is picking up but I have no idea why this package is being shown as it doesn't reflect the actual connection I'm on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

@PaddyB   I have had a ferret through my files and found this copy of the recontract in Sept 2018   Order Sept 2018.PNG

I remembered that I had queried way back in July when the order had been placed why did it show the 36Mb average and was told not to worry as the system frequently did this and should correct itself when the order cleared - this is on the MyBT orders ( not any emails). At this time there was no evidence of the Essential Unlimited package being shown.

So to me the original order details have been subsequently changed for an unknown reason and therefore the error was created at that point .

I am out for the rest of the day unfortunately.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 10

@PaddyB   The package is now showing the correct  Superfast Fibre Unlimited  with av speed of 50Mb.

The order for 22 July 2018 has also been amended to show the correct details.

The  billing timeline still shows the the erroneous copy bills ordered.

I presume that you have been able to sort things out and thank you very much Smiley Very Happy.

Are you able to throw any light as to why the Essential package was even displayed.

However I do have a gripe which is to do with what has happened as follows - I personally think that the oder timelines etc should show a correct narrative of what happens and changes to orders etc should be displayed as an event on the timeline. By amending the narrative any evidence relating to a potential dispute gets overwritten although some other narrative should exist - I just prefer to have an unadulterated sequence showing the revisions. 

0 Ratings