cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Hi

I've just rejoined BT again with a new package and added my new BT account number but MyBT is still defaulting to the old account number.  How do I remove this account please?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: MyBT

Go to solution

Hi @Essen05 and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about your MyBT. I can get the old account removed for you. I'll ned a few details so I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi David

Thanks for your swift reply.  In the interim I set up MyBT on my phone (which never had details of the old account) and somehow it has corrected the account details for MyBT on my desktop as all so all good.

I am having another struggle - I'd like my BT Hub's SSID split between 2.4GHz and 5 GHz with separate Network names so that I can decide which band to use for each device.  The bands are split on the Hub Manager but there is no info/box for Network under the 5GHz column. 

BT.com/help has the following advice but a) I don't have the 'Separate Bands' option - I can just toggle on and off and b) if I toggle 5GHz on,  no Network Name box appears beneath it, unlike the image below.

Are you or any of the other moderators able to help please?
Shuki

Essen05_0-1644084110462.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

To attract David's attention, you need to write @DavidM but, that said, the bulk of your last post is nothing whatsoever to do with MyBT and you should ideally have started a new topic to cover your band splitting requirements under an appropriate subject header.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

In any case, it is not possible to give the bands separate SSIDs with the Smart Hub2.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Essen05@DavidM has finished for the day. It sounds like you have a Smart Hub 2 and I'm afraid it's not possible to split the channels on these, sorry.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks, Neil. Apologies, I missed that line on the bt.com/help page.
0 Ratings