cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RPLATT
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

NIGHTMARE after placing BT Broadband order online

Has anyone else had a complete nightmare in getting connection once an order was placed online???

I signed up to a what I thought  was a very good deal with BT online (your own site) over a month ago. Online purchases is the modern way right? The way your business will grow and get more customers.

Well over a month later, what feels like a 100 phone calls and complaints later, incorrect billings, more complaints and phone calls and promises from the rewards team and guess what? Still NO broadband!! Its absolutely shocking and disgusting that you will mislead and missell your services in this way.  Turns out it was the WORST deal I could pick.

I am getting no where. Yesterday I was told my whole order had to be cancelled yet again as on ‘activation day it was not activated’. Now I have nothing and someone will apparently phone me today. Which I know they wont, as I have had this promise before and no one ever phones me!
In the end it just delays me by another day as when I phone at 8.55pm to say no one phoned, its ‘no someone will phone you before 9pm it says so on the system’!?!

I phone back the following day only to be told ‘yes no one phoned you, do you want to open a complaint?’  SERIOUSLY I raised so many complaints and nothing happens it’s pointless. Yesterday alone I spent 2hours on the phone with you 8-10am 4 agents as they kept ‘dropping’ the call. Are you going to compensate me for all the time I wasted phoning you?

Im at the point where I just want to cancel my complete order, have all my details deleted from your system, and back up servers and to NEVER have to deal with BT again. I will go back to SKY cap in hand.

You need a higher level complaints team...oh wait you have one, the illusive ‘special case worker’ that has never contacted me! I would laugh but I am actually at the point of crying from frustration.

Just provide people wih the services you sell on your website or don’t bother selling it. After all you wont order a salad in a restaurant and then not have it brought to your table? Sitting waiting calling the waiter only to hear ‘I am sorry your salad is coming I promise’ just sit and wait with nothing to eat for a while longer...

I now have the automated Direct Debit voice calling me due to the fact that I reclaimed my DD from my bank as per your agent's advise on Monday morning - seeing as though NO services has started and my order has not actually happened.

Can someone please phone me and sort this mess out!!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: NIGHTMARE after placing BT Broadband order online

Hi @RPLATT

Lets see if we can help, or find someone who can..

When they have cancelled the orders did they offer any explination as to why it keeps getting cancelled? Do you have an active phone line with BT already?

0 Ratings
RPLATT
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

The first time it was cancelled as openreach said no dslam port available. But no one phoned to tell me this! I had to phone BT. They then said they need to cancel order and book separate telephone line installation first then broadband.
The line installation was done and the engineer said he saw a port available for fibre connection.
More phone calls followed and arguments as I wanted the original deal that I signed up for online to apply.
Spoke to rewards team who was great and assured me I can have fibre and at the deal I placed online. Hub arrived eventually but then on 17th July activation day nothing.
More phone calls to BT followed and eventually activation team said they have to cancel the order and then will have to place a copper line order the following day, followed by a broadband update to get Fibre eventually (to stay in que for fibre).
So here I am today waiting for the call to place a copper line order as they promised and nothing yet!
The only call i get is the automated direct debit recording which I presume is to do with me reclaiming my DD- which was the solution proposed by a BT agent on Monday But it looks like another issue building as they keep phoning. In th meantime my account is a mess and I am being incorrectly charged for a landline deal that I did not place- it was meant to be included in the broadband package I signed up for!
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

You have been mucked about far too much already by Customer Services

None of the forum members will be able to help with this so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 8

Edit: @gg30340 beat me to it Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Sounds like there is no more capacity in the cabinet. Enter you phone number HERE and post the result. Remove your number before posting.

0 Ratings
RPLATT
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Thanks here is results

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 66.4 20 19 58.7 Available Available --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 80 58.9 20 19 44.2 Available Available --
Featured Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTP Availability Date

FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available -- --
ADSL Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 13 -- 11 to 15 Available -- --
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 13 Up to 1 11 to 15 Available -- --
ADSL Max Up to 6 -- 5 to 8 Available -- --
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- --
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- --
Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- --
ADSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- --
Premise environment

Status

Bridge Tap U
VRI N
NTEFaceplate N
Last Test Date 09-07-2018
For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 8 of 8

Hi @RPLATT

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the delay connecting the services you ordered on our website.  I am genuinely sorry to see that you have had such a tough time recently with the delay.  You make some valid points which I have to agree with as if it was me I would be as frustrated.

From what you have posted, it sounds like there isn't a spare port in the fibre cabinet to connect you.  It may be the case of having to get you up an running on an ADSL product and then do the upgrade order which will queue and then you'd be connected once capacity becomes available.

We are happy to pick this up and manage things for you from here.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings