Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Accepted Solution

NO contact from bt after £155 bill for 4mb broadband.

When I first ordered BT broadband i asked for a unlimited bt infinity, but ended up with standard 25gig limited Bt broadband (which I did not ask for).

I rang BT up and said that there had been a mistake and that I did not want the 25gig limit, I had made it clear in the first phone call that I wanted unlimited. The BT representative acknowledged their mistake and told me that "the package would stay the same, but I would never be charged for using over 25gig". Basically 25gig limit was now unlimited.

I received a bill a few months ago that was £90 so I rang BT and got a refund, yesterday I received a bill of £155 it should have been around £30. After talking to the BT representative yesterday I was told I would get a "ring back", but nothing. I'm going crazy here couldn't sleep last night now my bank account is overdrawn and I can't pay other bills like my council tax.

I really don't know what to do, I've also tried to email BT but that can take up to 7 days to get answer. I'm at the end of my tether here please help me.

Distinguished Sage

Re: NO contact from bt after £155 bill for 4mb broadband.

[ Edited ]

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Meanwhile, contact your bank and tell them the direct debit was unauthorised, an they will refund the money.

Aspiring Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you Keith, I'll wait for the invite.

Distinguished Sage

[ Edited ]

It could take them a while to deal with your problem, so I would still contact your bank to save being overdrawn.

Forum members would initially suggest trying live chat, but I assume you have already tried the route?

Live Chat

Aspiring Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have used live chat now, but not yesterday. I always thought (maybe wrongly) that I would only be talking to a bot?

The chat resulted in them saying I'd receive a phone call. Just like they said on the telephone customer support line yesterday, but I never got the call.

I just want to leave BT now, nothing has gone right. I hope I can leave with no leaving charges as I'm not a fault here. BT has become a terrible company. 

Distinguished Sage

If live chat could not help, then wait for one of the BT moderators to post, they start at 0800, they will sort it all out for you.

Hi @jbk4444

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that you were put on to a limited broadband option when you had asked for an unlimited package which has now resulted in charges appearing on your bill.  I appreciate the time you have taken to try and get this sorted out.

Can you send us over your details and we will help you with this from here?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Aspiring Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I click that all I see is "Recent Posts by RobbieMac".

ok i found it.

Aspiring Contributor

[ Edited ]

So I get a phone call from BT today after making a complaint, the call was exactly the same as yesterdays conversation.

"We'll ring you back", after all the rigmarole why bother ringing just to say "we'll ring you back"? I'm stuck in loop here.

This is awful, the system is so convoluted and vage it's the complete opposite of what it should be... Support. It's should be called "Customer frustration".

Hi @jbk4444 Sorry you are getting nowhere with this. I've checked and we have received your form and we will get to you as soon as we can and help you with this.

cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You