cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Nearing end of broadband contract

Go to solution

My broadband contract expires on the 25th July 2024. How much would I have to pay if I choose another provider

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Nearing end of broadband contract

Go to solution
If you wait until 25 July you won't need to pay anything to BT. If you choose another provider, then just set up a contract with them to start on 26 July and let them handle telling BT that you no longer want to stay with them. Do not contact BT to cancel your service - this apparently messes up the system and could leave you with no broadband service at all for a while.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Nearing end of broadband contract

Go to solution

This only works if you are intending to use another provider that uses Openreach ,

if it’s an Alt Net or Virgin it’s only if you migrate the phone number that your existing BT service will be stopped as a consequence of joining a new provider on Openreach, also if you wait until 25July , then it’s a 30 days  notice if quitting completely ( from Openreach ) and 10-14 days if remaining on Openreach , you pay while inside the notice period .

if ( for example ) you need to give BT notice yourself, because the new provider is not on Openreach, and wait until July 25 to quit , you remain connected until around 25 August and pay for that month , however it may be worth doing that in case there is a delay in your new service being connected 

0 Ratings