cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zoek
Message 1 of 2

Need to lodge a complaint

Hello, 

I don't like to make formal complaints and generally avoid it if possible. However the customer service that I have received since placing my order has been unacceptable. My phone and broadband were supposed to be activated on 22nd but were not due to a **bleep** up at BT's end, and I did not find out that the order had not actually been put through until the activation day - and I was the one who had to call BT, nobody contacted me to let me know there was a problem. Phone is now sorted but broadband is not and I have wasted considerable time over the past few days getting absolutely nowhere and feeling like I'm being repeatedly fobbed off. 

I tried to call to lodge a formal complaint today, but despite the 'contact us' section of the website saying that lines are open 9-6 on Sundays, all I got was an automated message saying that the line was closed. I also strongly suspect that the 'make a complaint' followed by 'about my order' sequence was routing me through to the exact same department (i.e. the order department rather than a complaints department) that I had being trying to sort things out with for the past few days, as at the end of the automated message it kindy informed me that I could get an update on my order elsewhere. 

After looking around on these forums it looks like the moderators are able to take ownership of problems. It seems that that may be the most reliable way to get something done about this (I am not sure whether or not going via the moderators gives the same result as filling in the email form in the 'contact us' section, and given how badly things have gone so far I'm not feeling like I want to take a chance). I would really appreciate being able to provide someone with the full details of this case and feeling like someone is actually taking responsibility and taking my complaint seriously, which is not the feeling I got from speaking to the orders department. 

Your help will be much appreciated.  

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Need to lodge a complaint

Hi zoek,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.  I'm sorry about the problems with your order.  There is no specific complaints department as all advisors should be able to deal with complaints and I apologise for the difficulties you've had when trying to get this sorted.  

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings