cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Need urgent help to gain refund

I had been a loyal customer of BT for over 15 years.  I am disabled/housebound and my banking is entirely online.

Since March this year I had experienced countless internet issues resulting in deciding to leave BT as no improvement was made.  I was told that due to the many issues I could break my contract without penalty and that any money paid by me that would not be used would be refunded to my debit card.

I had a letter on May 11th confirming a refund of just under £95 would be issued to my debit card.

On the 17th May I was sent a cheque for the amount.

I cannot use the cheque.....online banking and housebound without family.

I called BT and was told I could have a BACS payment, I gave them my bank details and was told it would appear within 3-5 days and I could destroy the cheque

Today still no sign of my money.  I called again only to be told that I had the cheque and that was the end of that.  I explained again that I was unable to put the cheque into the bank (I didn't destroy it as told to do)

Was told someone would call me on my BT number within 2 hours.  I told them my BT number no longer exists since I left BT.  I asked that someone email me.

Over two hours have passed and still no email or anything.

If it was me who owed BT money they would be on my doormat....but I am having to chase around the houses to get my own money back from BT!!!

It is deeply upsetting and stressful having to deal with this....I am at a loss as to where to turn for help.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Need urgent help to gain refund

@itsmeinnit I'm really sorry about the problems you've had getting your refund organised. I'll be happy to help you get this sorted and will send you a private message in a moment so you can send over your details.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thank you
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I'm sure @NeilO will sort it but it might be worth double-checking your online banking as some allow deposit of cheques by taking a pic in their app.

Message 5 of 6

Yep, I always pay cheques in using the Barclays app.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I don't use a banking app....tbh I wouldn't know where to even start

I am not technically minded, I prefer nice and simple transactions such as BACS as I know how it is done etc

When limited in ability, it is not always as easy as people think to do stuff on a mobile phone with a tiny screen, its very complex to understand when you have had a stroke
0 Ratings