cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Negotiating a deal?

Go to solution

In the olden days, at least until my last renewal 2 years ago, it was possible/advisable to telephone "Retentions" and secure a package that suited one's needs and price.  I've not seen much of that here recently.

I know this was a state secret but is it still possible?  I'm up for renewal next month which appears to at a price £5 cheaper than my current package (but there will be a 10% price hike baked in from the end of March) - there can't be much wriggle room on that.

Geoff

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Negotiating a deal?

Go to solution

BT do have a loyalty team (retention) but quite a few people on here, me included, keep tabs on the personal offers section of MyBT and extend contracts when a good offer if available. I've never waited until the end of my broadband contract with BT and have always just extended it when I decent deal is available. I'm paying the same price as I was 7 years ago for a faster speed 👍

Fyi it's £44.99 for Fibre100 with Halo 3 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I don't need Halo (anything); there is no OpenReach fibre here (3miles from Edinburgh city centre);  I don't use a mobile for calls - I'm happy to pay for unlimited landline calls.  My Fibre2 is stuck at 63/18 and that is what I would really like to improve, without accepting CityFibre which is at my front door.  Tempting fate, my broadband is rock solid - I don't use a HH.  I don't watch films or sport.    The price offered for Fibre 2 at £38 is £5 less than I am paying so I am planning to take that.

Natural greed says that if what is offered is fine, what would I get if I played the negotiation game?

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@gspearson wrote:

Natural greed says that if what is offered is fine, what would I get if I played the negotiation game?

Phone up and see!

0 Ratings