Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Netflix Activation Confusion

Go to solution

Hi All,

I had my package activated on Tuesday and I'm in some confusion about the Netflix Ultra HD I ordered, can someone clarify a few things.

• Should I be receiving/waiting on login details in an E-mail from BT or Netflix? Where will it be sent (Do I need to set up and use BT e-mail address as the account to ensure it goes on my BT billing?) or my current E-mail linked to my BT ID
  • Or do I just login on the App on my shiny new box? If so which E-mail address should I use a BT one or my current e-mail addres linked with my BT ID?

I have had no communication from Netflix or BT about this, and I'm getting increasingly frustrated. The netflix activation help is confusing and mentions getting an e-mail, but doesn't say where it will be sent to, or if it has to be a ".btinternet" e-mail address.

It's all extremely confusing, with the feeling BT are just waiting on Netflix, but do Netflix know about it?

Hope someone can simplify this for me

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Netflix Activation Confusion

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks Keith,

I have read that, I haven't received anything from Netflix, and it doesn't say if it has to be a .btinternet address

"On the YouView+ Ultra HD box and other devices - You'll have to go to to Netflix.com to complete your activation. When you sign up for Netflix with BT you'll receive one order confirmation from BT, and one from Netflix. Once your Netflix subscription is activated, you'll receive another email from Netflix"

here it tells you to go Netflix.com

And here it says wait for an E-mail ?

which comes first?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I will ask for a moderator to comment.

Highlighted
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @gibbylinks,

You don't need to set up an @btinternet.com email address for it. When you ordered the service you should have had an email sent from us on the same day stating the email address you used. Normally it's the main contact email or BT ID email address:

How to set up Netflix

To use Netflix on any of your devices, you'll need to set up a password. If they haven't already, Netflix will soon email you at XXXXX to welcome you to the service and help you set it up. Please wait until you've got this email before you try to log on to any Netflix app.

To find out more about Netflix with BT, go to bt.com/bttv/netflix

Providing you used the same email address for the Community Forums, you should receive an email from Netflix at any moment now.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks, just checked and now have a problem. The e-mail address confirmed to Netflix has been mis-spelt which is probably why I haven't heard anything. I shall have to contact customer service ;0(
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I'm sorry that happened!

You can reach the live chat team at the following link: Live Chat

They will be available until 11pm tonight.

If you have any difficulties getting them to change it, come back and let me know.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Sorted it, had to contact Netflix and they corrected the e-mail address
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I'm glad that's all sorted now @gibbylinks.

Thanks for coming back and letting me know.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings