Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hhilleard
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Netflix Billing Twice on my BT bill

Good Afternoon 

I have been billed twice from BT for my Netflix account (I only have one).  BT says its Netflix fault and I need to contact Netflix and Netflix has said it is BT fault.  Any ideas I have spent an hour trying to speak to someone to no avail.  I am on the verge of cancelling all subscriptions for taking unauthorised payments. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
JohnC2
Message 2 of 8

Re: Netflix Billing Twice on my BT bill

Hi @hhilleard welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you have 2 charges for Netflix on your BT bill. Have you just set up Netflix with BT?
Are the dates for each charge the same or do they cover 2 different months?

cheers
John

0 Ratings
hhilleard
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi John

I have had a Netflix account for a while and this is out of the blue. It is for the same month. On my bill 2 x 8.99 for March. I am not happy as both BT and Netflix seem to be passing the buck. 

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 8

Hi @hhilleard thanks for looking at that for me. As the charge is monthly if you have your monthly subscription renewing near the bill date you may find 2 charges on the bill but they could be for 2 months of your subscription ie one till March and one for April. The breakdown of your rental will clarify the dates each charge. Would you check again and confirm that the charges relate to the same period or overlap and let me know.

cheers
John  

0 Ratings
hhilleard
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

John, As you can see 2 payments. This has been month fine up until now. Why would they take 2 months together and they also have to inform me of this change. 

133986B9-66DE-4BB6-B6EB-86D9A66732E2.png

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 6 of 8

Hi @hhilleard thanks for that. I notice that the charge runs to the 18th of April. The BT Sport, for example, runs to the 19th of April. Your subscription renewal date is very close to your bill date which can cause confusion sometimes. Please check your Previous bill and see if it only charges up to the 18th February and let me know.

cheers
John 

0 Ratings
hhilleard
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

John 

I did say this has been running for several months and the dates run exactly the same every month up until now. 

heidi 

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 8 of 8

Hi @hhilleard, Have you checked your February bill and seen what the date you were charged to on that bill? As the date can change like after February as it is a short month I think that is why you are seeing the 2 charges on this bill and the 1st charge is up to Mid March and the second is up to Mid April. 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings