Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KcJ
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Netflix unable to bill account

Hi all,

I received an email from Netflix today advising that BT had let them know that my account could not be billed through my BT subscription and that my membership would subsequently be cancelled. I have checked my BT account and my next bill is not due until 04/05/2020 and I can see no obvious reason why this would not be paid via direct debit as usual. I checked my Netflix account online to make sure it wasn't a scam but it seems my Netflix account was deactivated as of yesterday so I assume this is legitimate. Can anybody help? Thought I would try here first before having to call. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
DavidM
Message 2 of 4

Re: Netflix unable to bill account

Hi @KcJ and thanks for posting.

Sorry there's been a problem with your Netflix account. Did you manage to get this sorted yet?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
KcJ
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi David,

I managed to speak to a member of the billing team today but the advice I got was simply to back to Netflix & re-subscribe directly through them. Apparently it doesn't appear that Netflix was ever part of my BT subscription despite the fact that I was previously advised it was and have always had access to Netflix up until this point.

If you have any alternative/additional advice I'd be grateful. 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 4

Hi @KcJ You can either subscribe through your BT TV account and we'll bill you or alternatively you can sign up directly with Netflix and use your login details to access the Netflix app on your Youview box.

It's entirely up to you, but if you wanted to add it to your BT bill you can order it as a bolt-on to your TV plan in MyBT.

0 Ratings