Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rizlaman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

New Account + Home

Hi,

I'm moving out very soon to my own place, I need to get BT Infinity installed ASAP there, I've got a completion date, I've juist got a few questions first

1) I'm living at home currently, its my mothers broadband account but I've got an email account on it, I want to transfer it to my new account as the main email, is that possible?

2) The guy that lives there currently already has BT Infinity, how long does it take to set up if thats the case? Can I order it before the move (bearing in mind I don't know the phone number...) or will it be quick as its pretty much already set up?

Thanks in advance

Sam

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: New Account + Home

@Rizlaman wrote:

Hi,

I'm moving out very soon to my own place, I need to get BT Infinity installed ASAP there, I've got a completion date, I've juist got a few questions first

1) I'm living at home currently, its my mothers broadband account but I've got an email account on it, I want to transfer it to my new account as the main email, is that possible?  Once you get set up with your own BT account your mother should be able to "gift" the email account to you. You will then be able to link it to your BTID. I don't think it will be classed as your main email account at that time but I'm pretty sure if you post back here after you have it set up it can be swapped over.

2) The guy that lives there currently already has BT Infinity, how long does it take to set up if thats the case? Can I order it before the move (bearing in mind I don't know the phone number...) or will it be quick as its pretty much already set up? As long as you have an entry date you can order it. You don't need the phone number only the address. As regards the time scale you can never tell with BT & Openreach but the sooner you order it the better.

Thanks in advance

Sam

Rizlaman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Much obliged

0 Ratings
Rizlaman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

I've placed an order, it let me use my existing sub account, I'm not really sure where to go from here? I can't find the option to send the email over to the account
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 18

Once you have your own account up and running post back to get help to transfer your email address that is on your mothers account to your own account.

Rizlaman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 18

I've got the order underway now, going in the 17th, would now be a good time?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 18

Just hold off a bit longer until it is all up and running just incase there is a problem with the installation.

Rizlaman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 18

We're in an online!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

Glad to hear your all sorted. The moderators of the forum have been informed about you wishing to transfer your email to your own account. Once they have read this they should be able to help. They will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

Rizlaman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 18

Thank you, you've been very helpful.
0 Ratings