cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scoobing
Message 1 of 3

New BB service in a rental flat that already had BT BB - why 2 weeks to activate?

Hi,

I'm moving into a rented flat on the 17th March. I placed an order today (should have done it earlier). I have an activation date of the 29th March, with my HH arriving on the 28th March.

Since the previous tenants were BT BB customers (I saw their HH), why is it taking two weeks to switch this over to me? They only left the property today, the line is still active.

I also have a home hub lying around from when I was with BT a year ago, can't I just plug that in on the 17th?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: New BB service in a rental flat that already had BT BB - why 2 weeks to activate?

The previous tenants line will have been disconnected and will probably being used by another customer. You now need to wait until openreach connect you on 29th but line will be dead until then

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Scoobing
Message 3 of 3

Re: New BB service in a rental flat that already had BT BB - why 2 weeks to activate?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Is it possible to keep the telephone number that was previously in use? BT have assigned me a new one, but my tenancy agreement says not to change the telephone number of the property (don't know how practical that is as a rule).
0 Ratings