cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnoo
Expert
Message 1 of 11

New BT Charges E Mail

Just had a e mail to state that BT are increasing Line Rental charge & from 20th Sept. charge will increase by £1/month.

I phoned BT 0800800150 & asked why I had been sent this as I have a Line rental contract until November.

They said I would not be charged extra.

So I said then why send the e mail.

Told that it was being sent to everybody.

I told the operator that I was far from happy & wanted to talk to Management & a call has been arranged.

But why are BT sending out false information & worrying customers when the contents do not apply?

Seems they need to improve Business practice

Comments?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: New BT Charges E Mail

...beacuse it's easier just to email everyone - that way you don't have people saying later in the year that they didn't know about pending line rental increases. Obviously if you have Line Rental Saver this won't impact you - until you come to renew it when then new price increases will have taken place.

Also the increased call charges will impact people whether they have LRS or not.

I'm not happy about price increases either FWIW.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 3 of 11

So why did they not say on the e mail that persons who had a Line Rental saver contact were not impacted, this would also be easy to do.

Or do they just send out e mails with no thought at all?

Just seems to me that they should learn a bit about good Business practice.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

it is a blanket email and perfectly normal practice there will be many complaining they did not get told it seems they cannot get it right whatever they do people are never satisfied
0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 5 of 11

I do not consider it to be normal practice when my supplier has got my details yet they send e mails that are wrong.

Perhaps they should look at how they use customer details.

Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

you would have been as quick to complain if you had not been told at all
0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 7 of 11

You totally miss the point, i should not have been told, I have a set contract til November.

As BT know the people that have paid in advance is it not beyond their wit to add a sentence that it does not apply to them.

They are just sloppy & probably getting a lot more phone calls because of this.

I rest my case

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

it is easier to notify everyone than it is just to deselect the limited number of LRS users and as already been pointed out all users are affected by new call charges
0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 9 of 11

It only needs an extras few words to get it correct.

Sloppy BT

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 10 of 11

Johnoo, there are so many options a customer can have, so BT will have to draft, get legal approvement etc etc, for each option. It is easier to send a blanket email advising of the proposed changes. They can then say to the regulator that they have advised all their customers and here is the draft of the email.

Stew