cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmacpher
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

New BT bill

Anybody else been frustrated by the new-look bill that has removed the option to have the call details in a CSV file? I have yet to detect how this new bill is "improved" other than the removal of an important feature to those who need to be able to analyse the call information. I am told by BT complaints that there have been a number of complaints regarding this. Because I need this data I have had to create a PDF to CSV conversion programme. Thanks BT, that's a few hours that I won't get back!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: New BT bill

As its going to be mainly business users who would want this, and they would not be using a residential service anyway, I expect they decided that the few calls that most residential customers` make these days, was not worth the extra work in re-creating the old format, as the whole bill can already be downloaded as a PDF.

0 Ratings
bmacpher
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

You mean I am the only one in the country that works from home and has to separate personal calls from business calls? I know it is available as a PDF, but you cannot get tabular data out of a PDF into Excel or a database. We are not talking about adding a feature, it was there but removed when it was "improved".

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

All you can do is to raise an official complaint with BT.

It used to be the case that employers used to provide business accounts for homeworkers who work from home all or most of the time.

I expect that has now changed.

0 Ratings
bmacpher
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Keith, I did raise a complaint and I was told there have been a significant number of complaints about this. No solution of course, hence having to provide my own.
0 Ratings