Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lime4
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

New Broadband Customer, still no broadband, very disappointed

We moved into our new house a month ago and were told that we would have to wait until yesterday for broadband. What really annoys me is that we have neighbours who moved in at the same time as us and got broadband within a week. They also needed a bt phoneline fitting whereas we already have one, so why did we have to wait an extra three weeks??

We were supposed to get broadband yesterday but it wasn't connected. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time on the phone to the Indian call centre who just read answers from a sheet and lie to you. I have been repeatedly told that someone will call me back, I have been put on hold while they spoke to a supervisor who then assured me that I would get broadband faster and that someone would call me back.

I rang this morning and was told that it would PROBABLY be connected today. I asked them if there was an engineer in our area as have been told that the reason that we have had to wait was because there wasn't an engineer in the area. I was told that, 'there probably is an engineer in the area.'
Either there is or there isn't. If there isn't then I'd know that we weren't getting broadband for yet another day. I was told that we would probably have broadband by midnight tomorrow and was yet again promised a call back.

This isn't good enough. The customer service is terrible. We never had problems like this with Virgin and I wish even more so that they were available in our area.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: New Broadband Customer, still no broadband, very disappointed

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

Is this a new build house?

Is your phone line working yet?

0 Ratings
Lime4
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Ah ok, thanks.

It's about seven years old. No, we were told that our phoneline has been connected today but there is no dial tone
0 Ratings
Lime4
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Please could you tell me where I need to post this to get BT to see it?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Lime4

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the delay connecting your broadband and I appreciate the amount of your time that you spent trying to get this sorted out.

You can send us over your details and we will check what's causing the hold up.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings