Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

New Broadband Deal with Amazon Echo and staying at same price

Timeline of a ridiculously long saga:

BT Broadband Renewal

Thursday 9 Jan 2020

Received letter offering renewal at same price as current but with free Amazon Echo

Thursday 9 Jan 2020

Tried the online method to get the deal but system was not responding.

Called BT at least 3 times before getting through to a person.

Although the agent did not seem aware of the Echo offer he said he would honour the offer and also put me on Halo 2 with no increase in my current charges.

Received email stating that I would be placed on Halo 2 on 10 Jan with unlimited minutes but the price listed (£60.99) bore no relationship to what I was told.

Saturday 11 Jan 2020

Called BT – spoke to David who said he would restore my account to the original pre-renewal package and would arrange for renewal with the Echo offer with no increase in charges as per the letter.

Received another email stating that I would be placed on Halo 2 on 10 Jan with unlimited minutes but the price listed (£39.99) bore no relationship to what I was told.

Received another email stating BT had closed the complaint.

Monday 13 Jan 2020

MyBT app is not showing unlimited minutes.

Called BT – spoke to Sunny – he said it would all be corrected within 5 working days and that I was still on unlimited minutes.

Thurs 16 Jan 2020

Received email asking me to return wifi disc.  The only disc I have was supplied several months ago so belongs to me in accordance with your latest rules on equipment ownership. It was supplied as part of your complete wifi guarantee.

Received another email saying I would be on Halo 1 with only unlimited weekend calls.

Called BT – spoke to Jamie – by this time I had had enough – Cannot remember much about this call.

Friday 17 Jan 2020

MyBT app is now showing I have been charged £3.36 for calls!

Called BT – spoke to Helen for over an hour trying to resolve everything.  She said I should have been told if I renew I would lose my original package with unlimited minutes and would have to renew with different options.  This contradicts to Echo offer letter which says clearly that I would “Pay the same great price you’re paying today”

However she said I would be reverted back to my original package by 21 Jan.

I am afraid I hung up after she said she had to put me on hold yet again.

This whole saga has been a complete shambles from the start and I am not confident of a satisfactory conclusion.

Based on my original package I expect to be charged £45.99 a month which should cover Halo 1 with Guaranteed WiFi, Unlimited landline minutes, caller display data and 2 mobile SIMs and the fact I have paid line rental in advance.  I would have liked the Amazon Echo as promised in the BT letter.

Can a moderator please respond.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: New Broadband Deal with Amazon Echo and staying at same price

Any equipment supplied as part of a new contract after 13/12/2019, is only loaned to you, and must be returned if its not being used as part of your new package.

As for the rest of the issues.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 13

Hi @vintagewireless,

Thank you for posting. I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry things haven't gone smoothly with your new order. If you send me in your details. I'd like to take a look at what is happening with your complaint.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

On the back of the Echo offer it does say that you will need to subscribe to one of the new call packages so even though the cost of you broadband package will remain the same the call package could increase, in my case it would have been an additional £7.50 to get a package that could cope with my current usage.

Speaking to the retentions team my best option was to go out of contract until my call package needs change or they make me an offer I can’t refuse?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

I have to admit not noticing the small print on the back. I still think the letter to be miss-leading and should have made it clear on the front. No one I spoke to actually mentioned the back of the letter in fact I doubt they had seen it. I spoke again yesterday to BT and may have now got an acceptable compromise but without the Amazon Echo which I wasn't bothered about. Will have to wait to see what the next bill says to make sure they have kept to their word. BT said they could not restore my account to the previous package as the packages had changed.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 6 of 13

Hi @vintagewireless,

Thanks for taking the time to send in your account information.

I'm sorry that you have experienced had so many problems when changing your package.

I'm glad to hear that you have been able to come to a resolution when you spoke to us on 18/02/2020. I have double-checked your account and the adviser has done everything they said they would do including applying the agreed credits to your account.

If you have any problems in the future please let us know.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Hi, Thank you for responding. I was told yesterday that the new arrangement would operate from today but MyBT is still showing unlimited weekend calls and not unlimited anytime calls as required. I noticed that lots of other people seem to have had problems with MyBT not being in sync with their packages.
Alan
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Sorry to trouble you again but my account is still showing charges for new calls even though I should be on anytime unlimited minutes including UK mobiles. I tried a call to a BT UK mobile this morning and a charge of 42p is shown in usage in MyBT.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 9 of 13

Hi vintagewireless,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you I have been out of the office.

I have now taken over your case and will deal with the complaint until resolution, our chat team won't be following up with you tomorrow as planned.

I have had to raise a case to one of our back-office teams to have our billing system checked as you shouldn't be getting charged for UK mobile calls with your package. This team doesn't have an SLA for fixing issues as each issue can take a different length of time depending on how complex the issue is. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from this team.

I am out of the office from 9pm on 29/01/2020 but before I leave the office I will remove any mobile call charges that have been raised on your account to date so that they don't show on your next bill. 

Any questions please let me know.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Matt,

Thanks for looking at this again.

I am hoping this can be resolved before the next bill due 2 Feb.

Will my landline calls be changed back to unlimited anytime by tomorrow?

If not will any future and past calls be re-credited before the next bill?

Whatever is resolved I don't need any new equipment and do need to keep what I have as I am on Halo with complete wifi and guaranteed speed.

Alan

0 Ratings