cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neroli
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

New Broadband Package

I have renewed my Broadband and calls and within the package I was told that I had to add £2.00 for paper billing, (the discount wasn't given because I do not pay Direct Debit and I receive paper bills) my question is that I already pay for paper  billing and I pay my bill every quarterly. Will I be paying twice for paper billing? Paper billing will also increase by £0.50. Can anyone help, many thanks Neroli.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: New Broadband Package

you should only get the one chargew for paper billing just check your bill when you get it   you should get a letter confirming your new contract and costs

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

@Neroli No you won't be paying twice.  

There's a £2.00 fee for BT Broadband customers who get a paper bill, to cover costs such as printing and postage. From 7 January 2018, the cost is going up from £2.00 to £2.50 for each bill received. You'll have to pay the fee each time you get a bill through the post.

You can avoid the fee by logging in to your My BT account and stopping your paper bills by switching to online-only billing. It's simple, flexible and better for the environment.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Neroli
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

It’s a bit confusing, with paper billing (eventually) it will cost £10.00 for the year. I already pay for paper billing but can’t seem to locate the charge unless it has been incorpoarated in the (old) broadband package. Paper bills arrive, Feb, May, August, and November. Neroli.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@Neroli The charge is incorporated into the package rental.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You