Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DuncanB1
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

New Build Home - Connection Issues!

Hi All,

I'm so frustrated I don't know how to proceed with this, so was hoping to get some advice on here.

I ordered a phone line for my new build property on 27th March and it still has not been activated! The property is in a street with another 50 odd houses which appear to be connected with phone/broadband. THe engineer was suppose to turn up on 1st May (day we got the keys) to connect the line etc, however did not show and i was not contacted about this either.

A number of phone calls with BT India have been met repeated with the answer 'ducting works' and its with their 'engineering department' which i can only assume is Openreach.

Trying to get an honest answer for the delay out of BT is proving difficult.

I was suppose to recieve an update today but as of yet have heard nothing.....

Advice appreciated - I feel pretty helpless and frustrated as my partner works at home and really need the internet for her business (currenlt tethering from a 3G iPad connection which is no use)...

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Build Home - Connection Issues!

I will see if the mods can help

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 4

Hi DuncanB1, 

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry that your service isn't up and running yet. I can take a look at this to see what's causing the delay.

Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will take it from there.

Thanks,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
DuncanB1
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Hi OlgaC

I have sent the details through the link on your profile as requested.

Any assistance you can provide would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Duncan Barclay

0 Ratings