cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edh1
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

New Build - struggling to get updates on connection

Wondered if anyone had any advice as at the end of my tether...

I asked BT to connect broadband to my new build on 3rd March 2021. The master socket was promptly fitted on the 16th March but BT said there is a blockage between the end of my drive and the cabinet (?) that it needs to be connected to.
I have now been chasing progress on this every week with no progress (I believe they have to ask Openreach) The final straw came this week when they told me that the next update would be on 26th June. That's nearly 4 months since I originally placed the order. The original order was placed on: 03/03/2021

This is having a massive impact on my work as I work from home and am relying on tether to a very poor signal 4G phone.  

Thanks!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
JohnC2
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Build - struggling to get updates on connection

Hi @edh1  welcome to the forum and sorry you are waiting for your services to be connected. 

Do you know if you are you getting a Fibre To The Premises broadband connection? 

cheers

John

0 Ratings
edh1
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi John,

Our street is a new cul de sac with 4 houses on. The bordering roads and the road ours is joined to all have super fast fibre when I checked on the open reach site. Not sure if that means we will be able too? The engineer fitted a master socket 5C and the connection runs to the road (red on the photo) I believe there is some sort of blockage between the end of our drive and wherever it needs to be connected too. just not getting anywhere with BT as they only state the updates they can see on their system. Next update is 26th June! Not sure who to turn to/ask. Thanks.
0AB58DC0-8F34-4431-8CEF-EFF4AE983944.jpeg

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 4

Hi @edh1  thanks for getting back to me. I understand your frustration at the ongoing delay. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to find out what is happening with your order.

cheers

John

0 Ratings