cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidMills
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

New Build waiting for site connection

So - moved in on 24th May 2019 - told it would be FTTP. Openreach didnt install the box (despite numerous promises to be on site) until 1st July. Told would be connected in a few days. Last week told there was a problem with the exchange that another "tiger" team deals with. This week told it should be ok. Today told there was still a problem with the exchange still, and they have raised complaints with the tiger team and they have no idea when it will be fixed. Question - who is this tiger team, how can I contact them, why are BT relying on openreach to connect our site, who are relying on a 3rd party to connect the site, over whom they have no jurisdiction and no recourse, and the end client cannot contact? We have been waiting 2 months for internet and seemingly we will never be connected as openreach have no way of finding out when this external team will fix the issue. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Build waiting for site connection

Have you tried the  FTTP team on 0800 587 4787 ?

0 Ratings
DavidMills
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Ive been in contact with the new site team (northern ireland - 08000857546) who have told me about these issues. I was guessing that they would be the most knowledgeable people about the issue. would the FTTP team know anything more about an exchange issue? Thanks 

[Edit - have spoken to them and they cannot help]

0 Ratings
wenklaw
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

I am afraid to say you have to go via BT Consumer and escalate with them, maybe send an email to the CEO, not that it will probably do any good.

Even if you found out what was causing the delay, what difference will that make?  They could tell you anything from damaged or blocked cable ducts, no capacity, no line plant, street works etc etc etc, it wont speed anything up.

Frustrating I know, it took nearly 4 months for them to provide me service, went down the same route you are trying to, complete waste of time and just ended up making me angry.  Out of the blue got a call and the engineer was out side ready to complete the installation.

0 Ratings