Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hallison
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

New Build

Go to solution

So confused, building a new property of the garden of an existing, the pole is about 200 mtrs away from the new property, I have rang up and have been told on 3 occasions that all i need to do is call up 2 weeks before move in date for a new line, noone has taken a look at the logistics, we do not want the cable to be attached to the new Douglass Fir barge board and it doesn't look viable to use the existing pole, we are also putting down a new tarmac apron and driveway and do not want this to be dug up again as i've been given the incorrect information, I have now registered the property with open reach as if my suspicions are correct the advise i've been given is wrong and now i may have to wait for 6 months, the property will be inhabited in October!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: New Build

Go to solution

@Hallison 

This is a BT Retail Customer forum, you need to speak to Openreach. BT Retail have nothing to do with Openreach.

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/developers

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: New Build

Go to solution

Is the new property properly registered as a domestic dwelling with its own address with the PostOffice /Royal Mail , and with the local council for council tax etc ? If it is, then the address would appear on OR’s database as an address that is entitled to service under the USO, if it isn’t and you use the address of the property that provided the land, then the order would be for the wrong dwelling and although the order  would proceed , it would eventually or the line fitted at the wrong property.

In the past , it was possible to get a visit from a ‘BT’ surveyor and if you were prepared to do some work within the curtilage of the property ( like burying a BT supplied duct or cable from the house to the boundary ) then this would eventually by used for the service...unfortunately it seems these days an order is taken, will ‘fail’ and options to resolve the issues are offered afterwards , which would probably be 2 or 3 new poles and a dropwire, If you don’t want the usual overhead method onto the barge board then it can get complicated, and time consuming.

If the correct new address is on the OR database, the provider shouldn’t be able to raise a proper order as the ‘new’ address wouldn’t be matched to any lineplant, that should get a survey type pre order raised, but as it’s not a common situation, some CSR may not know how to deal with it.

If the address doesn’t yet appear on PO/RM then it may be possible to get an OR surveyor visit , but unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a guaranteed way of getting this to happen....OR’s website doesn’t cater for one off builds but is aimed at larger developments

0 Ratings