cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cassie
Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: New Calling Plan confusion

Yes thank you, that does make sense in that situation with that plan, however it seems everyone has a different plan, every year or 2 years, I have to ring up and negotiate a new tariff, its a pain but has to be done.

I've been with B.T. since Tiscali finished, so probably over 20 years to keep playing their game.

So in my situation I need to speak to someone. I realise Covid has had severe implications re-staffing etc. but how ironic that prices/plans rises  have come right in the middle of this.

I've no intention of ticking any boxes or agreeing to any thing yet, since September is when the changes take effect.

Hopefully by then I may get someone from B.T. who can look at my plan/bill on-line and explain exactly what is going to happen.

Thanks for

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 12 of 16

@Cassiewrote:

Yes thank you, that does make sense in that situation with that plan, however it seems everyone has a different plan, every year or 2 years, I have to ring up and negotiate a new tariff, its a pain but has to be done.

Things will always change, sometimes for the better, sometimes not, some people change their packages, some don't and the plans get fractured, with different customers on different packages, BT have at least 10 calling plans I can think of, now things are being simplified.

0 Ratings
Cassie
Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Sorted now, after having online 2 chats with B.T., then ringing up 150 number, then passed onto value team.

Too complicated to go into everything but not only gone to 700min calling plan, better off by over £3 per month, but renewed contract, got latest router, added another entertainment pack and for postage only got latest freeview box.

This  for less than I was paying monthly now!

Headache, worn out typing fingers and earache but all worth it!

0 Ratings
Gwyndy
Contributor
Message 14 of 16

Nothing is ever straightforward with BT and I have learned over many years that their prices are negotiable! I phoned yesterday to query the £4.50/month increase in cost of the 'Anytime calls' package. I ended up renewing my broadband contract for 2 years (not actually due until October) and reducing my call package to the 700 minute plan @ £7/month which now includes all calls to UK mobiles and no 60 minute cut-off. This is way more than I use but still cheaper than paying the extortionate prices for individual calls. (I was told that the calling plan is an add-on and not part of the 2 year contract. Apparently it can be changed at any time.) I have also now been sent a new SmartHub2 and a WiFi repeater disc - 2 more available on request.

Total cost of broadband and calls, excluding line rental which I pay annually, is £24 / month. This is a slight reduction on what I am currently paying.

0 Ratings
PeterN1
Beginner
Message 15 of 16

Well done indeed!
I'll try to do the same when I finally get through to BT
0 Ratings
Cassie
Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Think they are trying very hard to keep customers, and it is worth it to keep trying. There was a slight hitch when there was no sign of the promised new smart hub 2 or Freeview box, a phone call and a lot of too-ing and fro-ing  between their agent, manager etc sorted this out and they duly arrived.

We did have a problem connecting our smart bulbs but again , thanks to advice here managed it in about 2 mins.

0 Ratings